What is Pediatric Physiotherapy?
Pediatric physiotherapy includes assessment, consultation and treatment for children with developmental,
neurological and growth-related conditions. It is aimed at maximizing potential and facilitating development,
participation, and independence. Treatment is individualized, depending on the unique needs of each child and
family, and may vary from hands-on treatment to advice, education, exercise prescription and consultation.
Strategies may be aimed at reaching specific milestones such as rolling, crawling and walking. Management is
family-centered, with the goal of supporting and empowering both the child and their families at home, school and
in the community. Assessments and treatments with younger children are play-based in order to engage and
motivate children and achieve results. Older children, adolescents, and caregivers are encouraged to participate in
identifying goals and formulating an effective treatment plan that will work for their unique situation.
Pediatric physiotherapy is the right option for your child if they are experiencing problems, pain or gross motor
challenges related to growth and/or development or underlying neurological conditions.
Who may benefit from Pediatric Physiotherapy?
I work with children with many diagnoses and conditions, including but not limited to:
- Gross motor and developmental delay secondary to neurological and developmental conditions.
- Growth related disorders such as Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease, Sever’s Disease and Little League Elbow
- Toe walking / in-toeing gait / gait concerns
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Head shape concerns (plagiocephaly) and torticollis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Scheuermann’s Disease and scoliosis
- Sports injuries / trauma / overuse injuries in children
Rebecca Holeczi, Bsc. PT
Originally from the Isle of Man, I qualified as a physiotherapist in the United Kingdom in 2001 and since graduating,
I have gained over 19 years of experience working with children.
I moved to Canada in 2005, where I have continued to further my skills and education, and have gained experience working at the Alberta Children’s Hospital and in schools, homes and the community. I have supported families through Program Unit Funding (PUF) and Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD). All of these experiences have given me a good understanding of the healthcare system within Alberta.
I am passionate about treating children and families holistically, and strongly believe in a multidisciplinary, family-centred approach, where communication with the child, their caregivers and other healthcare providers is key to ensuring success. I focus my practice on supporting child and family goals and improving function and participation.
I am grateful to live, raise my family, work and play here in the Bow Valley, and I feel honored to work with so
many wonderful and inspiring families.
How to access pediatric physiotherapy with me:
- One-on-one assessment & treatment through private and/or benefit plans in a clinic setting at One Wellness: https://one-wellness.ca/
- FSCD and school contracts
- Private groups or workshops on request
For further information please contact me:
Phone: 403 609-8591